Rosetta Stone Now Offers On-the-Go Coursework Capabilities on the iPad
New Mobile Platform Maximizes Organizations’ Language-Learning Investments
Rosetta Stone, a leading provider of technology-based language-learning solutions, today announced that its latest innovation, Rosetta Stone TOTALe Companion HD, an app for the iPad device that supplements and enhances the company’s comprehensive language-learning experience, will be available to Rosetta Stone Enterprise TOTALe customers later this summer.
Rosetta Stone TOTALe allows employees to learn at their own pace without a bricks-and-mortar classroom environment. The comprehensive language-learning experience combines the proven Rosetta Course software with Rosetta Studio practice sessions and the Rosetta World online community.
– Rosetta Course. Where learners develop a foundation of language, build a vocabulary and are encouraged to speak correctly.
– Rosetta Studio. Where learners sharpen their skills online through live, 50-minute sessions led by tutors who are native speakers.
– Rosetta World. Where learners connect with others in an online community to explore language through fun games and other inspiring activities.
TOTALe Companion HD provides Enterprise TOTALe learners – including executives and talent in sales, operations, engineering, marketing, and employees who travel frequently for business – an innovative way to enrich their language-learning experience. This app allows Enterprise TOTALe customers to maximize their language-learning investment by extending the solution to the widely popular iPad platform, without any additional IT costs or support. TOTALe Companion HD can be used by employees anywhere their iPad is connected to the Internet, enabling more frequent and consistent usage, thus helping organizations achieve results faster.
“The ability for organizations to provide their employees with language learning on the iPad is a reflection of our commitment to deliver our solutions across multiple devices,” said Mike Fulkerson, Chief Technology Officer at Rosetta Stone. “Last year we enhanced our core Enterprise product with interactive services, and now we’re expanding that approach by allowing customers to learn a language on the iPad. The convenience of the mobile platform further enhances employee satisfaction and ultimately enables language-learning success.”
The new TOTALe Companion HD app is free to Enterprise TOTALe learners, allowing them to
– Practice speaking, listening and reading using Rosetta Course
– Experience Rosetta Stone’s high-quality speech-recognition technology, available in 20 languages.
– Utilize a fully-integrated learning experience allowing them to sync what they learn on their iPad with the complete Enterprise TOTALe solution through a web browser on their PC or Mac computer.
Access to TOTALe Companion HD is included in an organization’s purchase of Enterprise TOTALe. TOTALe Companion HD can be downloaded from iTunes and the Apple App Storesm. TOTALe Companion HD is offered in 20 languages: Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Korean, Hindi, English (American and British), Dutch, Filipino (Tagalog), French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Latin America and Spain), Swedish, Turkish and Vietnamese.
Taken from MarketWatch: 27.06.11