Time for the Exercise Chat with employees
The Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games officially open on 4th February 2022 and for two weeks the nation will watch the world’s finest athletes compete for medals and glory. Ride those Olympic coattails: it’s time to have the Exercise Chat with employees! Read on for the a reminder of the main health and well-being benefits of exercise. Ready, steady, go!
- Stress relief – Regular exercise helps improve mental health by providing clarity to better handle stress. It also reduces levels of cortisol, the body’s stress hormone. Sweating releases endorphins that help you relax.
- Heart health – Regular exercise promotes heart health by lowering bad cholesterol levels and raising good cholesterol levels. It strengthens the heart and encourages new blood vessels to form, which decreases blood pressure.
- More energy – Exercise improves circulation and strengthens the heart muscle, providing an instant rush of energy to combat fatigue.
- Weight management – Coupled with a healthy diet, exercise promotes weight loss and tones the body. It radically decreases the risk of obesity.
- Productivity – Exercise boosts creativity, speeds up learning, sharpens the memory and improves concentration, all of which combine to boost productivity. Exercising during working hours specifically can further pump up both work performance and job satisfaction.
- Disease prevention – Being active helps muscles grow stronger, balances hormones and decreases inflammation. It significantly lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes, asthma, chronic pains and arthritis, and certain types of cancer.
- Improved immune system – Regular exercise helps clear the lungs and airways of bacteria, reducing the risk of catching colds and the flu. It strengthens the immune systems and improves healthiness overall.
For more details about any of the above points, please see a recent Forbes article on the subject.
Convinced?! It’s always best to practice what you preach. Let’s trade work attire for our sports kits, turn off our screens, and get moving. Move over Beijing Olympics; workers everywhere are readying themselves to flex some serious muscle here!
To share your comments and experiences of promoting exercise at work, please get in touch with ABL, your trust recruitment partner. Thank you and Happy Exercising!