Three in ten people professionals feel that work negatively affects their mental and physical health. Worryingly for HR professionals, that’s worse than for the UK workforce in general.
So says the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) in its People Profession Survey for the UK and Ireland, 2022. Sponsored by Workday.com, the report flags up a number of valuable insights – challenges, opportunities, and trends – into the world of HR.
You can download the full report here or skip to our summary of the key findings below:
– 30% of British HR professionals say that their mental and physical health is negatively impacted by work. This is particularly pronounced among practitioners “with a negative view of their career progression or who have less experience in their roles.”
– As HR teams continue to adapt to a changing business landscape, they remain committed to upskilling and reskilling. This takes the form of programmes designed to help them support line managers, facilitate flexible working, and develop organisational change.
– People teams feel largely positive about the contribution they make to their organisation’s business goals, although they don’t always feel properly recognised for that contribution.
– The perceived value and use of people data and analytics continue to grow. More needs to be done in terms of technology tools and training to optimise effectiveness in this area.
– Employee experience continues to dominate the HR landscape. This translates to a) collecting information from employees who leave and b) exploring company culture and values. Only a third of HR teams do both.
Are you surprised by the above findings? Please get in touch to let us know your thoughts on this or for expert guidance on the recruitment element of your challenge. ABL Recruitment is the nation’s number one multilingual recruitment agency. Whatever your talent requirements, we will deliver great-fit candidates expertly, quickly, and cost-effectively. Please get in touch at email@example.com or on 020 7092 3911 to discover how we can save you time and money in your search, and help you secure great hiring outcomes.