The war for graduate talent has hotted up. Competition is now fiercer than ever with companies across the globe increasing the size of their net to recruit graduates who can work remotely. To compete on this new global playing field, UK based recruiters might want to adapt their strategy.
Recently, we’ve seen the top recruiters investing in these aspects of their businesses:
- Employer branding. It was important before the pandemic but now top of the agenda. This is the time to put more resources into branding, so you win any one-to-one recruiting battle to attract the best graduates. If you want to compete with the likes of mega-brands you may need to update your marketing collateral and clearly articulate your vision. Set yourself apart from other graduate recruiters in your sector. What makes your company great to work for an ambitious graduate?
- Job ads. These are a HUGE marketing opportunity that gives recruiters a golden opportunity to shine. Look at competitor ads and see what you can do differently so you appear superior when compared side-by-side. Get your candidates interested and explain the real purpose of the role! Ask your most recent hires what sparked their interest.
- Think global. If you weren’t before and you can onboard and train graduate remotely, what’s stopping you offering fully remote positions? Think of the newly expanded graduate talent pool you could access especially underrepresented groups now freed from social mobility constraints. Look at your sourcing strategy and make sure your tech is fit for purpose to interview and assess this talent.
- Technology. With reduced opportunities to meet candidates f2f now is the time to make sure your technology is up to scratch to successfully interview, assess, onboard and even train remotely. Investing in virtual platforms is essential and will have huge time and cost saving benefits in the longer term so don’t cut corners, start small and build assessments tailored to your requirements.
- Get your team up to speed. Every candidate touchpoint needs to communicate a consistent message about your company and the role. Prepare your recruiters to successfully convince candidates to work for you and not the competition. Have responses ready for the inevitable comparisons with your competition and back this up with a strong job offer package.
If you need any help with your graduate recruitment, we can help. Contact ABL Recruitment on 02070923911 for more.