Are you just starting out in marketing? Perhaps you’re already an expert and it’s time to move up a rung on the corporate ladder? Or maybe you’re already at the tippiest top of the marketing hierarchy? Whatever the stage of your career journey, there are always skills that would appreciate some of your time and attention.
A great starting point to set yourself up for a dazzling career in marketing is to keep an eye on common in-demand skills. From there, you can research how to best develop those skills, for example, through online and in-person courses on LinkedIn, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, and Open University.
For now, let’s focus on those in-demand marketing skills:
– Strategic thinking skills relating to brand issues, company positioning and messaging, and how to align marketing strategy with business objectives
– Tactical marketing skills – e.g., writing blog posts, conducting social media campaigns and market research studies, generating leads, and hosting events
– Digital marketing skills including SEO and SEM
– Social media skills
– People management, leadership, and decision-making skills
– Robust communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
– Excellent project management and organisational skills
– Strong analytical skills and data literacy
– IT literacy (e.g., Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, SEMRush, Canva) plus curiosity to trial the latest marketing technology tools
– Good at working independently and as part of a team
– Expertise in emerging marketing best practices (plus solid industry know-how)
– Creativity and problem-solving skills
– Empathy, enthusiasm, passion, stamina, and flexibility.
For advice on how to make all your precious marketing skills sing, dance and shine on your CV and LinkedIn profile, please get in touch. Our team of expert recruitment consultants will also connect you to brilliant job opportunities and help you nail the interview. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7092 3911 to brainstorm the options today!