Must-see films for career inspiration in 2023
There’s nothing quite like a Netflix binge over the Christmas holidays! If you’d like to continue this particular feast confident in the knowledge that it’s good for your career, we have the perfect must-see film list for you. So get the popcorn at the ready, plump up the sofa cushions and hit play on any of the following career-inspiring, motivation-boosting films. Enjoy!
- I Am Not Your Guru – an inspiring documentary about Tony Robbins, the hugely successful American author, coach, speaker and philanthropist. It may inspire you to pursue a career in helping others.
- Happy – detailing the latest scientific research on what makes people happy, this documentary is likely to move viewers to actively seek out and find happiness at work and beyond.
- Inside Bill’s Brain – a documentary about Bill Gates, the American business magnate, software developer, investor, author and philanthropist. It includes inspirational tips on how to become successful.
- The Mind Explained – a documentary on how the brain works, featuring lessons on how to understand, communicate with and motivate your co-workers, boss and customers.
- Steve Jobs – a biographical drama about the life of one of the most successful entrepreneurs of all time, featuring useful lessons in problem-solving and insights on personality traits conducive to business success.
- Up in the Air – a film about an HR Consultant who spends his time firing people whose skills have become redundant. This film shows it’s never too late to change.
- Office Space – a comedy about three unhappy employees who decide to rebel against their company. It provides lessons about the importance of having a good work/life balance and highlights the necessity for positive work environments and good resources.
- The Wolf of Wall Street – based on the story of Jordan Belfort, who becomes a stockbroker, cheats his way to extreme wealth, and then loses everything, ending up in prison. This film is packed with lessons on how to communicate with and motivate people.
- Glengarry Glen Ross – the story of four real estate salespeople competing not to get fired at the end of the working week. It offers lessons on the importance of having clearly defined goals, plus a number of helpful tips in sales techniques.
- The Office – a great comedy about the everyday reality of office life which teaches us what not to do in the office!
That’s a whole lot of viewing hours! If any of them inspire you to find a new job, please get in touch. With over 30 years of experience in recruitment and longstanding relationships with 400+ leading companies worldwide, we will quickly find you the perfect match. Please call us on +44 (0)20 7092 3939 or email us at email@example.com to brainstorm the options.