Top seven podcasts to help you advance your career
Podcasts are an easy way to get inspiration, explore new interests and develop your knowledge base. You can access valuable content wherever you are, at any time of the day. If you’d like to tap into the advantages of this fantastic educational resource to help you advance your career, please see our (slightly edited) list of the best UK career podcasts below, as compiled by Feedspot. The list is ranked by traffic, social media followers and domain authority and freshness so – whichever one you opt for – you know you’re in good hands.
We invite you to take your pick, pop on your headphones and enjoy the show!
- The Career Zone podcast, run by the University of Exeter, addresses career-related topics that are front of mind for students. It offers advice on how to make your CV and application form stand out; guidance on finding work experience, graduate jobs and postgraduate study; and top tips on succeeding at interview and assessment centres.
- The Career Happiness podcast is hosted by Soma Ghosh, a careers adviser who supports women who are unhappy at work. Some episodes focus on a specific theme such as bullying at work, redundancy, career change, finding a new job or starting a business. Others feature insights on the career happiness journeys of Soma and her guests. Professional women, parents of teenagers, and business owners all appreciate the key learnings and practical advice offered.
- The IT Career Energiser podcast shares advice on how to break into the IT industry, the skills you need to develop during the course of your tech career and how to manage your career progression.
- The Mi-Brand HQ | Personal Branding for Career Acceleration podcast is aimed at professionals looking to advance their careers and to be inspired by other successful leaders. The host, Leila Singh, interviews accomplished IT professionals who share their journey, learnings and insights with listeners.
- The Your Bravo Career podcast endeavours to teach listeners how to love what they do for a living and build a great career. The host, Mark Crossfield, is a professional career coach specialising in empowering people to become ‘unstuck’, overcome challenges, and boost their overall happiness and satisfaction at work.
- The Reframe & Reset Your Career podcast – framed in neuroscience and psychology – aims to empower listeners to take greater control of their career development and to define a strategy that will empower them to thrive.
- The Ctrl Alt Delete podcast – a top 10 Apple podcast about work, wellbeing and creativity – is for people who want to base their work around their interests and passions. Author Emma Gannon explores diverse work topics such as hybrid working, mental health, motherhood, work/life balance, empowering tech, the work/friendship myth, the Carrie Bradshaw freelancing myth and more.
Whichever podcasts you opt for, we hope that you find the content inspiring. Please let us know which ones capture your imagination, your heart and your mind! And, if you’d like to speak to us about your next career move, please call us on +44 (0)20 7092 3939 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will quickly source great opportunities that tick off all the items on your dream job wish list.