Ten skills that will propel your admin career to stratospheric success
Many hard and soft skills are required of today’s busy administrative assistants, office managers, and receptionists. Some are obvious and some less so.
To discover what skills and personality traits are most important to employers today, please read on. Armed with this knowledge, you can then develop and fine-tune your valuable skill set, setting yourself up for a satisfying, rewarding, and immensely successful career in admin. Happy Reading!
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills – verbal, non-verbal, written, and spoken
- Excellent working knowledge of IT tools including Mircosoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), Zoom, Google Workspace, etc.
- A typing speed of 60 words per minute or more
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail and a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Great multitasking skills
- A positive, can-do attitude and the ability to anticipate what’s required next
- Curiosity to learn and flexibility
- Confidence, empathy, and optimism!
For advice on how to take all the above skills to the next level, and make them sparkle and glow on your CV and LinkedIn profile, please get in touch. Our team of expert recruitment consultants will be happy to share all their expert tips and tricks on the matter. And, if you’re looking for your next career move, we’ll quickly connect you with fantastic, best-fit job opportunities and help you ace the interview!
With over three decades of experience helping job seekers to land their next dream job, and longstanding relationships with 400+ leading companies worldwide, ABL Recruitment is the UK’s number one multilingual recruitment agency. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com or on 020 7092 3911 to brainstorm the options today!