If you’re a fan of remote working and want to land your next dream job, you’ll need to tailor your job-hunting strategy to the virtual world. According to a recent article on LinkedIn, here’s how:
- Make sure you’re ‘remote-ready.‘ If you’re not already conversant with communication and collaboration software tools such as Zoom, MS Teams and Google Workspace, it’s time to swot up.
- Take courses to reassure potential employers you know how to optimise your productivity and achieve a healthy work/life balance in remote roles. Showcase your certificates proudly on your online profile.
- Tailor your CV for remote working. Promote any relevant virtual experience in the summary section and highlight that remote working is your preference alongside your location. Shout about skills which lend themselves to the remote world such as adaptability, communication, independence, motivation, time management and reliability. Customise your remote-friendly CV for every role you apply for, highlighting the key requisite skills listed in the job advert.
- Tailor your LinkedIn profile to remote working and add your profile to remote-specific job platforms.
- Talk to a reputable, expert recruitment agency like ABL Recruitment about your job search. With a proven track record in finding great matches for candidates’ remote job searches – and in helping them to nail the interview – we will help you land your next dream job quickly. Please get in touch to find out more.
- Get involved with remote work communities online to connect with like-minded workers, stay on top of trending topics and, potentially, hear of your next dream job before anyone else.
- Create a list of remote-first companies of interest and check their openings regularly. When a relevant role comes up, be prompt with your job application submission and follow up by phone.
Use the above tips to make your remote job application shine and boost your chances of being invited to an interview. For more expert advice on finding your next dream job, please contact ABL Recruitment, the UK’s leading multilingual recruitment agency. With over 30 years of experience in the industry and longstanding relationships with 400+ leading companies worldwide, we will source perfect-fit opportunities (remote, hybrid or on-site) for you and help you ace the interview. Please get in contact at email@example.com or on 020 7092 3911 to kick-start your job search today!