Supply Chain Purchase Order Administrator
Role: Supply Chain Administrative Support Executive
Expected duration: 9 months with a possibility of extending
Pay rate: £12.80 – £13.81 per hour + Holiday pay
Start: Immediate (February 2024)
Location: Remote Working – All candidates must be based in the UK with a right to work. No Sponsorship is offered for this role.
Our client is a global Tech and Logistics business. Their EU Team is responsible for getting these buildings ready with everything in place ready for the first package to leave the site. The vision of Supply Chain team is to provide excellent support to 40 deployment projects per year, ensuring on time supply & assembly of about 4.000 items per project, from over 500 suppliers in 9 countries.
The scope for the EMEA team includes the forecasting and ordering of all tail spend materials; Composite modules, Throughput modules, offices, and services across all EMEA new launches and REs estimated 22 buildings in 2024. This is in addition to the Pre-construction ordering execution.
The EU Start-up Supply Chain team is looking for a motivated supply chain Specialist to support demand ordering activities for about 40 European Start-up storage facilities over 9 countries.
The specialist’s job would be primarily ordering on time, eliminate surplus caused by ordering, generate high quality PRs, manage stakeholders, dive deep into processes to ensure ordering KPI within time and quality metrics.
This role will involve 20% travel around Europe.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Timely processing of purchase requests and purchase orders (PR/PO).
* Creation of PRs with a focus on high quality.
* Effectively liaise with stakeholders, including start-up project managers, and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders such as IT Supply Chain and GPLE.
* In-depth analysis of processes and orders
* Formulation of new procedures, and establishment of policy guidelines to enhance efficiency across all EU facilities.
About the team – the team pride themselves in having a diverse team from many countries and backgrounds – Each new person brings new ideas and point of views. They have worked hard to incorporate new ideas and resist temptation to “follow on” from what they did before. The Start-up field teams are their customers, and they treat them as such: they aim to provide the highest stand of care and support and exceed their expectations.
- Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in Supply Planning: Checking Purchase Order information and ensuring all data is available for the accounts team to process payments to suppliers
- Experience working with large PO data.
- Experience in warehouse management – Experience with ERP / MRP systems.
- Excellent MS Office skills – Basic Proficiency in MySQL or equivalent
- Fluent/business proficient in English. – Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of dealing with both internal and external customers/suppliers at all levels.
- Supply Chain Certification (APICS, CIPS, CSCMP, SCPro Council or equivalent)
- Experience in large company with complex supply chain processes with multiple inventory locations.
- Written and verbal communication skills and experience of dealing with both internal and external customers/suppliers at all levels.
- Ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organisational capacity needs