This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK start up of a major Chinese financial institution! You will be joining at a key moment for the organisation and have the opportunity to set up processes and systems that will reflect your experience and best practice. This is a fully bilingual role and you will need previous relevant experience. Apply here: MANDARIN speaking: Junior Banking Trader
Department: Financial Market Department
Job title : Trader (onsite)
Reporting to: Head of Department / Senior Management
* Assist in preparing the infrastructure required for money market business, mainly including producing MM business’ policies and procedures, building transaction systems, establishing counterparties and clients database, and communicating with local regulators and the Head Office, etc.
* Manage liquidity in bank accounts. Analyse the cash flow of each current account (Nostro account), and utilise diversified financial instruments (interbank lending, foreign exchange transactions, CD/CP issuance, bond issuance, bond investment, etc.) to make reasonable capital arrangements according to the balance of each account, to meet the requirements of financing and the daily liquidity management of the bank accounts.
* Manage bank account positions to reduce funding costs and report significant market changes to Department Head/Senior Management in a timely manner.
* Ensure efficient use of bank’s funds, and manage and monitor bond portfolios, promptly escalating any potential risk to Department Head/Senior Management.
* Maintain and expand trading counterparties of the bank to ensure that funds can be lent out and borrowed in at reasonable market pricing to meet the requirements of daily liquidity management.
* Maintain and expand trading clients base, maintain daily communication with clients, and expand money market business of trading accounts.
* Actively communicate and cooperate with relevant departments in the bank to conduct cross-department marketing activities to maximize the profits of the bank.
* Effectively and efficiently complete other tasks assigned by Department Head/Senior Management.
* Possess 2-3 years experience in overseas money market business, with deep understanding of money market and relevant financial products.
* Experiences in wholesale banking background and bank’s liquidity management and be able to skilfully utilise diversified money market tools to manage bank’ liquidity.
* Fluent in Mandarin and English.
* Strong team-work awareness, able to actively make contribution to development of department and team and help members of department and team grow together.
* Highly responsible and productive, able to multitask under pressure.
* Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability.
* Open-minded to new business and new knowledge, and willing to try and make breakthroughs.
* Proficiency with Microsoft softwares.