Global (Procurement) Category Manager- Restaurant EQUIPMENT
This is a highly unusual senior GLOBAL role within Procurement. You will be overseeing the entire procurement of restaurant and retail store catering equipment for a well-known global brand. The role is a key appointment and will allow you to be based anywhere in the world. This exciting opportunity will allow you to be creative in devising sourcing strategies, and your input will directly impact the business in a measurable way. This role has both ” impact” and ” profile” within the business. An equipment category background within food retail or restaurants is essential.
TITLE : Global (Procurement) Category Manager- Restaurant EQUIPMENT
Salary : £216,000 (comprised of base of £164,000 + £12k car allowance and 25% bonus)
Company : Food business
Location: Global: UK, North America or Asia Pac
The role : you will be responsible for leading all global procurement efforts ( across EMEA, , North America and Asia Pacific ) with the aim of maximising the value that clients receive from global suppliers within the Equipment category .
Reporting to the Board of Directors you will:
- Create, then coordinate the 3-year global procurement strategy. Establish supplier interactions norms ,supplier global performance management and manage improvements.
- Evaluate regional procurement needs through analysis.
- Oversee global supplier contracts.
- Finance overview: budgeting, cost management, risk management.
- Develop the category operating framework.
- Agree and implement short, mid, and long-term goals and objectives
- Create best practice-based processes to sit alongside cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities.
- Stay on top of current and new legislative and regulatory requirements,
- standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk within the procurement.
- Development of benchmarks and spend analytics.
- Lead major global tenders.
- Degree in supply chain, CIPS, economics, engineering, or a related area
- Experience of strategic delivery for the Equipment global category
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management and business continuity planning
This recruitment process for this highly specialised role will be slow given the international nature of the role. The successful applicant can be based anywhere globally.