FOOD: Procurement/Commercialisation Project Manager
This is an exciting and fast-moving position fort someone with a background in FOOD-related New Product Development, Procurement and Project Management. You will get deeply involved in every aspect of launching new recipes for a well-known restaurant chain that is expanding rapidly globally Your day-to-day will involve dealing with everything from food safety issues, to QA and will involve supplier relationship management. It’s a varied and interesting role in which you can be innovative. Great job!
Title: FOOD: Procurement/Commercialisation Project Manager
Team Quality Assurance : FOOD
Salary c£80,000 (comprised of base of £64,800 salary + £6,480 bonus and £7750 car allowance)
Location : High Wycombe
Language required: Fluent English
Work style: 3 days in the office . 2 wfh
This is a very exciting and creative role in which you be involved in developing new food products from concept to product launch as you bring new dishes to market. It’s a mix of food-procurement and project management .You will be working to several project deadlines so that new dishes are launched on time across various restaurants
Duties: The role involves both NPD within food purchasing and project management.
- Sourcing of New Product Development items
- Negotiating and agreeing pricing and delivery timetable
- Liaising between suppliers, internal teams and Strategic Sourcing during product development
- Work alongside the Food Safety, the QA team and the culinary team
- Coordinate innovation brain-storming session
- Organise and coordinate food or menu sampling sessions (consumer testing)
- Keep a keen eye on UK and global food innovation trends
- Providing feedback to suppliers
- Category benchmarking
- Visiting new suppliers and all new supplier onboarding
- Purchasing experience in food/food packaging categories (essential )
- Excellent admin skills
- Experience in running several New Product food projects simultaneously.
- Passionate about food!