Title: Business Development/Account Manager (German Speaker)
Location: London (London Bridge)
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 (Depending on experience) + Benefits
Working hours: 9am to 5pm – Mon to Fri
Working format: Hybrid 2/3 days at the office
Are you the kind of professional that loves a new challenge?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading media company in the UK and France and a trusted partner for large-scale events like the London 2012 Olympics and the Tour de France Grand Depart.
Now expanding to Germany and you will be the key to this expansion.
You will be responsible for finding new clients, building strong relationships and managing these accounts.
Your position will also involve assisting your clients during the step by step of each campaign, with the help of the successful teams from UK and France. (No marketing experience needed)
The ability to bring in new clients is essential, but you will have a targeted public that will make this much easier, especially if you have any experience also dealing with the public sector.
Travels to Germany may happen, but probably not more than once or twice a month.
You will be building this market from scratch, so this is a fantastic opportunity to manage your own team in the future.
We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to drive new business and to be involved in proposals to implement and develop the business into the German speaking countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland).
You will be a confident, driven individual, who thrives in a fast-paced, ambitious environment. You will be a German speaker to a native level, ideally with sales and business development experience as we will need you to be comfortable also with “cold-calling” and leads generation.
You will be operating out of London office so it is expected that you will also possess excellent written and spoken English.
– Attracting new business and developing your own portfolio of new clients, by seeking out the appropriate contact and generating leads
– Managing your campaigns from beginning to end including: closing sales, plotting maps, delivering the road management permits, liaising with the Operations Team in the UK office, working closely with the installation teams.
– Building and fostering relationships with the clients: understanding their needs and responding effectively with a plan, ensuring the campaigns are delivered effectively, securing repeat business from clients.
– Meeting face-to-face with the client and supervising the campaign installation on site when necessary-Constantly identifying and bringing new business opportunities / developing new markets and new growths areas
– Seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
– Attending conferences, meetings and industry events
– Reporting to your line manager and to every member involved in your campaigns (constant communication and regular internal meetings)
– Creating and overseeing marketing tools-Helping with business management tasks
-Perfectly fluent in German (Native German speaker highly recommended)
– Additional language is a plus (more specifically Dutch)
– Minimum work experience: 5 years (having worked in a German speaking country or for a British company selling into a German speaking country is a plus)
– Strong understanding of the German and European business culture
– Strong knowledge of the German and Europe territory and constantly be aware of what happens on the continent (Major cultural or sporting events, political decisions, etc)
– Ability to travel to Europe when required (Once or twice a month)
– Experience in working with councils’ authorities and/or ski resorts is a plus
– Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
-Goal oriented, enthusiast and self-motivated, drive to meet and exceed targets
-Excellent negotiation skills-Excellent communicator, persuasive and adaptable to the situation / interlocutor
-Confident “cold calling” and talking over the phone
-Mature and proactive, ability to work with minimal guidance and take initiatives.
– Strong organizational skills and able to multi-task: ability to manage different complex projects at the same time and ability to prioritize your workload
– Entrepreneurial mentality, motivated by being a key actor in the company’s development
– Strong team work ethic and excellent internal communication
– Proficient in MS Office suite