How to pen a pitch-perfect Christmas message to your business contacts
The Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays debate rages on. Opt for ‘Merry Christmas’ in your messages and you risk offending non-Christians. Side with ‘Happy Holidays’ and you may be accused of taking political correctness too far, removing all the glitter and magic from the festivities in the process. What oh what to do?!
Many years ago, The Guardian suggested that the answer lies not killing off our controversial friend, Merry Christmas, but in adding Happy Hanukkah, Happy Diwali and Eid Mubarak to our portfolio of annual well wishes too. Surely by doing so, the article argues, we will feel the happy glow of being part of all these celebrations, rather than the nondescript nothingness that comes of lumping every religious celebration together into some kind of generic holiday.
Whatever your views on the subject, if you’re struggling to find the right words to express your good wishes to business contacts this December, you may find it helpful to consult Small Business Trends magazine. It has put together a list to help you conquer your yuletide writer’s block. Here are our (slightly edited) top picks to get you started:
- Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Many thanks for all your support throughout 2022 and all the best for 2023.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being one of our greatly valued and highly esteemed business contacts, and to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season!
- It’s been fantastic working with you in 2022. We hope we can continue doing business together next year and well beyond! In the meantime, wishing you a magical Christmas and very Happy Holidays!
- From everyone at [name of business], we’d like to thank you for your continued loyalty and faith in us. We hope you have a well-deserved rest over the holiday season. May 2023 be filled with happiness, good health and great success!
- Many thanks for being one of our highly-valued customers. We greatly appreciate your support this year, and hope to have the opportunity of working together again in 2023 and beyond! In the meantime, we wish you a Happy Holiday Season and all the best for the New Year!
ABL, your trusted recruitment consultant, wishes you all the best in finding the perfect words to express your good wishes this December. May we take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Diwali and Eid Mubarak too! We hope 2023 is filled with success, happiness and, potentially, your new dream job. If you’d like any help with the last matter, we can deliver. Please call us on +44 (0)20 7092 3939 or email us at email@example.com to brainstorm the options.