On 6th February 2022, Her Majesty The Queen became the first British monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years of service to the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. The nation is celebrating the occasion with a four-day bank holiday weekend from Thursday, 2nd to Sunday, 5th June. Yay!
Wherever your celebrations take you, here’s a round-up of the official highlights:
– The Queen’s Birthday Parade, also called Trooping the Colour, was held on yesterday, 2nd June. 1,400 soldiers, 200 horses and 400 musicians wowed and dazzled Her Royal Highness and the nation as they made their way down The Mall from Buckingham Palace to Horse Guard’s Parade. Closing with the traditional RAF fly-past, this spectacular gets the festivities off to an amazing start.
– Also on Thursday, 2nd June, the longstanding national tradition of lighting 1,500 beacons for major royal occasions was extended to every capital city in the Commonwealth.
– A Service of Thanksgiving will be held at St Paul’s Cathedral today, 3rd June.
– Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by Members of the Royal Family, plans to attend the Derby at Epsom Downs on Saturday, 4th June.
– Also on Saturday, 4th June, some of the world’s biggest entertainment stars will come together to stage a special live Platinum Party at Buckingham Palace, to be broadcast live on the BBC.
– The Platinum Jubilee Pageant on Sunday, 5th June will tell the story of the Queen’s reign as dancers, marching bands, serving troops and key workers all take to the streets of London for their part in this creative spectacular.
Click here for further details about the above events. You’ll also learn of community initiatives taking place around the UK in the build-up to this exceptional celebration.
However you choose to celebrate, ABL, your trusted multilingual recruitment partner, wishes you a wonderful Platinum Jubilee bank holiday weekend! And Happy Birthday, your Majesty!