Who said Halloween was just for kids?! More companies than ever have decided to embrace next week’s celebration of all things spooky to give staff a morale boost and strengthen team spirit. For a few ideas on office-appropriate activities, read HR Digest’s ideas on the subject or skip straight to our summary below.
1. Have a costume party. Ensure everyone is clear on what constitutes suitable attire or you may be inundated with buxom Wonder Women and men in tights! It’s usually best to avoid anything too provocative or which relates overtly to politics or religion. Have some basic extra costumes and masks on hand for employees flying too close to the wind or who forget their costume.
2. Order some spooky treats and distribute them via cauldron around the office.
3. Hold a pumpkin carving competition in the morning. Use the flesh to make pumpkin muffins for all to share in the afternoon.
4. Decorate the office with orange flowers, pumpkins, cobwebs, and bats.
5. Run a competition for the scariest Halloween office decoration or the spookiest haunted cubicle. Give each employee or team a small budget to purchase the decorations. Whether you run it as an individual or team event, offer great prizes to encourage participation. Count-the-sweets-in-the-jar contests are also popular in the office at this time of year.
6. If your team is hybrid or remote, hold a virtual Halloween-themed quiz. Split everyone into teams and write up some trivia questions. Set up a Zoom call, designate the host, and invite everyone to participate with the promise of a great prize for the team with the most right answers.
7. Screen a classic horror movie in your boardroom. Distribute popcorn and soda drinks if it’s a daytime event. Add alcoholic drinks to the list if it’s taking place in the evening.
8. Rent a photo booth or make your own one, ensuring you have lots of props on hand such as masks, wigs, and face paint as well as a designated photographer. Encourage your employees to post on social media with your corporate hashtag.
Please let us know how you are going to celebrate Halloween at work this year. We will, as always, be delighted to hear from you! And if recruitment challenges are keeping you awake at night, please get in touch to find out how our expert consultants can take all the stress out of your search. Our expert consultants will source the perfect matches for all your open vacancies quickly and effectively. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7092 3911 to let us know what you need, and let us take care of it, leaving you free to focus on planning your Halloween work party. Enjoy!