Job Title: EU Data Protection Officer – UK
Location: Central London
Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience
* Assess and review product features and documentations and ensure they are in compliance with GDPR.
* Draft, review and update internal and external policies to ensure data access, collection, procession and transfer of EU users are GDPR compliant;
* Be the company’s designated representative in the EU to deal with EU regulators and leading authority;
* Advise the company’s senior management on EU data protection and compliance strategy;
* Liaise with EU organizations and industrial associations in coordinating on regulatory, policy and law enforcement fronts;
* Manage cases and crises in relation to EU data protection and privacy issues.
* 8-15 years of solid experience in EU data protection and compliance;
* Legal or technological education background, good sense of product development or design;
* Deep knowledge in EU GDPR and other data protection regulations;
* Detail-focused combined with strategic vision;
* Self-starter and a team builder, strict adherence to confidentiality and professional obligations;
* Experience working with teams comprised of diverse backgrounds, senior management as well as individual contributors;
* Experience in internet industry associations and regulatory bodies is preferred, e.g. EU Commission or EU state government;
* Experience in PR and crisis management is a plus.