Title: Business Development Manager – Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Salary: 40,000-50,000 USD + CIRCA 20K USD OTE + other benefits
The Role: Are you based in Dubai or craving to move over there? Are you passionate about the Events industry, including sponsorship and exhibitions? In this role, you will combine your Sales and Operational experience within the industry, thriving to grow the business profitability.
We are looking for an individual with at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar type of sales environment. A very driven mindset and an open-minded and international mentality is crucial for this job. You will be in constant interaction with clients and colleagues from different departments and you will need to be flexible and extremely organised. The right candidate will be a confident, well-spoken and outgoing person, with a goal-oriented attitude and with the ability to work under deadlines.
– Market research: conduct local and global research on the industry and plan the event with the project team.
– Selling sponsorship and exhibition packages.
– Manage sales for allocated territories.
– Prospecting new clients as well as managing existing clients to generate exhibition and sponsorship sales.
– Business development: build an industry network, improve sector and business knowledge, and identify and develop new business opportunities.
– Campaign management: taking ownership and responsibility for directing efforts towards event revenue and other goals.
– Account management and customer service. Be able to establish positive customer relationships with all your event partners to ensure delivery of quality and value.
– Attending meetings, conferences and other industry events.
– Marketing: contribute as appropriate to project marketing campaigns and maximise the marketing benefits of sponsorship for the clients and the brand
– Outstanding level of English. Any other language would be a plus.
– Proven record of Sales experience, ideally within events or conferences but not exclusively.
– Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Marketing, Event Management, etc).
– Planning/time management/self-organization and self-discipline
– Solid commercial acumen. We are looking for a strong business and sales-minded person.
– Goal-oriented; ownership of event targets and numbers.
– Fantastic communication skills and experience working with international markets.
– Customer Service minded person.
– Strategic planner with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
– Team player. Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
– Interpersonal, relationship management and networking skills.
– Determination and drive to succeed